Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Reflection at week 3

Over the last 3 weeks of Fit gurl, I have been watching macros. I cleaned up weekend calories which boiled down to portion control. Over the week, I have added more protein intervention. In terms of exercises, every alternate day is a walk day. I swapped today with yesterday's Legs & Abs day, a Jada Kelly's Legs & Abs workout. Its almost like having a workout partner.

I have always loved exercise but I did realise that with the pandemic weight gain, I had to change my lifestyle a bit. Usually I am at computer most of the time which means a lot of sitting . To over come that, I had to get first thigns first done.

Finish movement for the day. Sit only when you need to. Stand or walk when you can.

I had to get intentional about the kinds of food that I was going to have for the week. I used to rely on the, I will take care of exercise by having an exercise workout tab open and will get it done by the end of the day. Little shift in time, I am starting the day off with walk or exercise.

I have started drinking lots of water which has trained my body to feel thirst.

About 3 pounds burn off, I will be at pre-pandemic weight and then onto the next goal. 

If you are trying for some kind of transformation, some things that will help

Time frame

Looking at my major transformations, it did not take longer than 3 months but I did keep up the changes for yeas together. If you have a date that you want to get fit by, it helps. This is more for getting into the habot with a smaller horizon and then inertia should keep you going with your chosen good habits long term. 

Goal

The first time it worked for me, I kept up with my extended exercise time from 30 mint o 1 hour because it worked for me. I was melting pounds every other day. At that time, I did not have a goal. Later I had a goal and reached it which will require more research and plan. You could start off with health, fitness, strength goals and put reasonable numbers on it as your process gets refined.

plan of exercise 

In different phases of life, your fitness definition might change. You might have limitations too. When I have a chance, I like to rey out new exercise videos. There will be some which you like to go back to. I like jump rope dudes. Currently I jump rope twice a week. You might have a personal referred exercise of being want to be able to some move. For example pull up. That is your motivator. Or pole vault. 

Diet

Diet is a big part. My friends keep reminding me that it is 80% of weight loss puzzle. At first, I found the macro counting tedious, but now I roll with it. Lots of prep goes into having the right things in front of you, so you dont chow whats in the fridge if it is not well chosen.

Your motivators 

You could watch transformation videos of others over the weekend. Listen to videos of your favorite coaches. Helpful reminders for the middle of the week. I took some measurements last week but forgot to take them this week. Thats a bonus that I will keep it for another day that I might need a pick up.






No comments: