Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Today's thoughts on exercise



I had the exercise chosen early in the morning. The day kept on gping. I was enjoying The business of halloween research. I have chosen the dish to cook for a friend tomorrow. Gobi tikka masala. My take is, if you are going to do something, you might as well do something new and fun.



I even had picked up a video of aloo koorma for dinner and lunch. Sometimes its a relief when you have something in the fridge that can cover for the next day but in winters, you also want something warm. I was not up for chapathis. Luckily kids jumped at brown rice. Instead of the elaborate way, I settled for the 5 min microwave  of the potatoes and then curry.

[Its strange how this work and pleasure balance works. To trigger the happiness lever, you are willing to do some cooking work. Appeasing your cravings and still getting the pleasure without guilt and keeping it healthy all the while.]

While this was cooking on the stove, I did the high intensity interval training with weights. That went very well. Towards the end of the day, I felt like exercise might not happen today, but the minute I started it, I liked the turn of the day. Sometimes restrictions help and increase the certainity of a task. Something like constraints for creativity. I had quads feeling it from thursday's full body toning and weight-loss, which limited some of yesterday's bar workout. Today's choice of exercise was great with lower body ruled out as well as with the rest from the whole day. As I had done yesterday's exercise in the later half, I had to give the body, time to recover. Heart rate went higher than with the Eliz fitness of Thursday. Weights added, so some iron for the day. 


No comments: