Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Genki 1 Third Edition: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese 1 Textbook

 


Genki 1 Third Edition: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese 1 Textbook 


I am using this book to learn Japanese. I love this book for the color and highlight of the words in the sentence that are being referenced to teach grammar. Very early that is, by Lesson 3, the sentences shd their romaji ie the transliterated sentences, so you can read the Japanese pronounciaiton. By then the crutches are gone and you are forced to recall the hiragana letters and their sounds. The furigana is still there and towards the end, you learn the basic Kanji.
I was telling kids how I have to learn Korean now, to help in learning the Kanji. I learned some of the Korean letters in a video which showed it with nmemonics.
국내, 해외, 중고 - Korean 国内、海外、中古 - Kanji
Domestic, Overseas, Used - English
Kokunai, kaigai, chūko - Japanese romaji
I want to be able to read the maps in Japanese language as well as all the inscriptions in cards and boards on google photos.
It is important to know what we want our language journey for, or it is easy to get discouraged after looking at complex grammar rules.
I want to be able to understand haiku better.
Elsewhere

No comments: