Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, November 1, 2021

What can I do when I get the urge to eat but I’m not hungry? I constantly want to eat but am not hungry, what can I do to distract myself, or instead of eating? Im not fat I just don’t want this habit of eating out of boredom.

 Rewrite the script

In The End of Overeating, Dr Stephen Guyenart notes that we are following an eating script that has been written into the circuits of our brains. You can rewire your brain to reward you with dopamine by making a habit of eating healthy foods for snack or you can make a rule and get into the habit of eating only 3 whole meals and no snacking. If you add protein and healthy fats to your meals, you can get rid of the snacking habit. Go to kitchen only at the allotted times. Food stays in the kitchen. 

No comments: