Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, October 25, 2021

Ainslie-rachlin model of self-control

Why do I occasionally get a sudden burst of motivation at night?

It is not clear if the motivation is to do something at night time or to do something in the morning.

As a kid, I would stay beyond bedtime reading school books. When my parents asked me to sleep, I would list a long list of things that I would study the next morning, so I should be woken up early. Other than any major exams, I dont think I felt the same motivation in the morning as at night.

While researching on this, I found something called Ainslie-Rachlin model of self-control, thanks to u/lexxxx

It looks like Ainsle is the person to read, to understand motivation and the breakdown of will power. It will take me a while to understand all this. Thank you for your question. 

Why I feel extremely motivated at night

 A Selectionist Model of the Ego: Implications for Self-Control

Precis of Breakdown of Will

No comments: