Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Crucible

 A crucible is "a situation of severe trial, or in which different elements interact, leading to the creation of something new." according to Warren Bennis

In Time to lead, the author calls President Roosevelt's illness(polio) as his transformative event or the "crucible". He says that it taught Roosevelt persistence, resilience, patience and compassion for others.

I could say that my bouts with fitness have become a part of my identity now, showing me my determination and desire for fitness.

This Jillian Michales video on satiety shows you how important it is to drink enough water for the body. I wonder how many times we can get the taking care of the body equation wrong. I didnt know that micro nutrients are important in regulating the hormones ie that they are closely related. By giving the body all it needs well, it will take good care of the body.

No comments: