Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Less is more

Sometimes finding the right workout for the time that you have, can make it feel like you won the Tetris game. I was trying out an isometric workout (I was warm by then with a 30 min elliptical). when I realise dthat I had t repeat what I had just done 2 more times, I looked for kettlebell workouts. At first I thought 20 min, but there wasnt that much time. 10 min kettlebell workout seemed just right. It is well structured too. You end it with three sets of kettlebell pull throughs. I was silly the rest of the day that in technical terms I exercised the posterior chain. Between these sets was a tricep, what else can you ask for? And I am still in the high of feeling that I am an athlete and getting stronger.

Image Courtesy: marioAshley
I remind myself of this, but nah not there yet. Sometimes I am just glad that someone else does the hardwork of counting in all the exercise videos. Heard of it in Arnold schwarzenegger speech.

Later I was thinking of why BodyFit by Amy felt good to work with. Well, its better than a book even with wonderful pictures. Especially with strength workouts. Real people, not too televised.

I think its the neuron mirroring part of having a person workout alongside, even though you are the one trying to do the atchup. Attic Mystery no. 7 at 5:57 is a very funny riddle of how you think the world is like you and vice a versa that you are like the world you are in.

After a week of cold and no exercise, I started elliptical yesterday and I knew that I was going to feel it this morning. Its just weird to have to feel that as a person who worksout atleast 4 days a week.

No comments: