Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Memory is a strange thing

                                 I wanted to remember a line of poetry while walking. And then this flashed ..Home they brought the warrior dead.. and wondered if   it would have been      Home they brought the warrior dead                                   . I was thinking about the merits of using 'her'.

The second version seems to be the what it actually was. But hey, each word in a poem makes a difference to the poem.

Now I cat remember the line of poetty that I wanted to remember, even though I remember the fancy mnemonic but I dont remember that line. How could that be?

I flashed back to the field in the park and the walk, the birds and now I remember:


How close is too close

for the birds?

When I think I am far

enough

they still fly way

cutting the corners

too close maybe



No comments: