Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Friday, October 29, 2021

Do you change your way of losing weight? If yes, how and why? If not, why?

 What got you here wont get you there

At some point in your getting healthy journey, you will have to change some things. What works at one age might not work at another.

When I was a teenager, I would do yoga but obviously not enough due to time constraints for studying and I didnt know why I had to (more from the rebel sense of when nobody else my age has to).

Late teens again busy studying. Only in the last year of undergrad, I had time to go to the gym, by then I had learned some things from friends.

From those, walking and counting my calories helped a lot. It changed my persona to a fit person. At this point in life I was doing 30 min exercise in the gym everyday.

My next level of breakthrough came when I saw an elliptical left at 60 min done. I couldnt believe that. I picked that miracle from there and lo and below I dropped a pound every alternate day and lost about 25–30 pounds in around 3 months time. Dont ask me what I was eating. I was on a losing weight high.

Later when trying to lose baby weight, I figured weekends were the culprit. The inconsistency of the weekends in diet and exercise was washing away the week’s good behavior. That was a big aha for then.

Depending on different stages in life, you will realise that you need a different tactic to get to your next health goal.

No comments: