Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, September 6, 2021

How does intermittent fasting affect body fat percentage?

I have been doing intermittent fasting for a while. For years, we have been eating out dinner at 6pm and breakfast at 8am. That puts us in a 10 hour window. For me the 7 hour or lower window seems to work well. I have done two 24 hour fasts so far. I might shoot for one 24 hr fast for a week (I do have tea once in the morning with milk in it. I am now able to have it without sugar as it is ginger tea and it does not need sugar when it is freshly made. I also have tea closer to breaking fast. I drink lots of water in between), with a 5 hour eating window prior day. I am going to line these up with any feast days when we meet friends. In the last two weeks I have lost 2% body fat. 

In the last couple of years I was very worried about the rising fat percentage. I am happy to have found a method that works for reducing fat along with other fasting benefits. 

The second time over, the 24 hour fast even easier to do without too much hunger pangs. I was going to a friend's house for dinner and thought that day to be a good candidate for 24 hour fast.

On a day with mild sniffles, I threw caution to the winds and did add sugar in my tea, as I felt that I needed that energy. I had a banana at 10 or 11 am on two days of the last week, when I felt a bit of hunger earlier than the usual 12pm. Based on energy needs, some days the eating window does go to 8 hours.

Using autophagy to heal hypothyroidism. Last friday, I felt very positiive that the weight gain from hypothyroidism has come under control with about 8.5 pounds lost in the last 8 weeks of which 7.3 pounds was fat. Thats a 2.8% fat percentage reduction. In those last 8 weeks, I have become fat adapted. I am eating healthy fats and no snacking other than tea.

Intermittent fasting for people with thyroid issues. If you have thyroid issues and you are fasting, do take some carbohydrates during your eating window.

Effect of fasting on thyroid

No comments: