Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Friday, June 4, 2021

Boundless Creativity

 

Kids creativity is boundless. Todays kids had a run at the dollar store and bought one of these cutouts. I have been hearing of the fascination with butterfly monarchs. Today I had to draw the inner outline of the markings of a monarch butterfly. It is a meditation in of itself, to slow down and draw the markings of a butterfly. I thought that was great creativity to choose a specific real butterfly pattern and color it in with some opportunity for impromptu painting too. I only drew one side, to see if I could bring symmetry into play. Eventually I had to draw that too. I am amazed with this little self made project. Half done projects like these provide a good starting point to beginners and kids to reach a final project that looks beautiful with a sense of accomplishment and their contribution. This is the cake mix of craft work. So many choices to be made regarding the color scheme. Satisfying craft project with guidelines.

Luckily, found this on youtube, which lets our little artist practise and get better.

No comments: