Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Self-portrait

 I made a self portrait.

The girl in the picture has a dimple which replicates the lines of her straight hair.

I showed it to my friends. They bleated that a goat does not have long hair, forget straight.

Why cant portraiture cross species?

would it be easier on them if it was a half portrait?

Length wise or breadth wise. One or the other symmetry will hurt.

Or like a Rorschach, the transformation might seem easier to consider like comparision than understand the link between whats in my head and who I am or who I see me as in my head. 

Was this my way of removing the blemishes and adding the ideals or vice versa of exaggerating the beauty first and then removing the ears and horns.

Or is it part of portrait with a girl and then I realised I didnt have to draw myself, that the poise of the girl reflected mine and hence there was no need to draw me.

Look in there, its multiple self portraits that assembled to become a human.

***************

After seeing a friend's self portriat of an animal, I got this idea....



No comments: