Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Theme in the Garden

While eating slowly slowly like Chew your food 40 times, my eye fell on the orange stained glass bird wind chime with a stain glass leaf hanging at the bottom. It has half green on the top and haf yellow on the bottom which will match the mood all across the seasons - spring to fall.
This next to the honeysuckle tree with orange flowers and green leaves, next to the jasmine's green leaves. Then the humming bird's red nectar paired with another windchime bird with orange head and light yellowish body, all fell into a theme and made me want to write this amidst my lunch with Ryvita sesame rye crispbread  ( When I told my daughter that this might be from Germany as I associated grainy breads with Germany, the history reveals how it came to Britain and how it started from Poland. Poland was a bigger producer of Rye than Germany.) and hummus made with black chickpeas. I also used Fresh Gourmet Crispy Garlic in the making of the hummus. Isnt it amazing how little accessories at first seem untenable. You dont know what to put it into. But once you find them as an alternative, adds its little touch. Its not always that we have fresh garlic in our kitchen. What is there is mixed with ginger. Looks like ginger garlic hummus is a thing too. For next time.
                                                   Image Courtesy: vitacost
While it is bad that I got away from the dining table to log some of this and did I mention, right before getting here, unplanned, I had a good gulp of water. It is going to take some time to not mix up food and water.
When I went back to the table, I was shocked to find something. I wondered how was this bread different from what I had just before. It was not like what you see, the holes. It was even. It was the backside of the bread. The last time I hadnt paid attention to the other side.
Back to the chewing many times. It does feel weird (When I was a kid I always had to tell myself that the e and i come in the opposite direction than I think, but today I wrote like I say it and viola I spelled it right, which means I have got the pronunciation right.. ok spelling bee.. here I come) to count the number of chews but I think after a while I will know what does the chewed enough feel like. Sometimes I am taking it to a higher count. It is going to be interesting to see what else I learn from this ultra chewing.

No comments: