Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Spelled Backwards

Image Courtesy: Gardening now

Prince's feather

This morning my kids wanted the puzzle game. This is where I come up with some question and they guess the answer. Last night, they had lots of fun with the game, hence their first request of the day. The one that cracked me up the most.

Q: Which animal gives us cheese?
A; Mouse

I have started with words, for example what rhymes with suitcase that takes you from one level to another?
A: esacriatS (spelled backwards)

The little one wanted more color related questions.
What fruit is also a color. What fruit when dried in the sun makes raisins? (I will make sure that the answer is in the working memory from their wrong guesses of previous questions.)

I cracked open the dictionary and found prince's feather. I asked them to put 'son of the king' and  'what are wings made of' to come up with this answer. Then they ask more clarificatory questions. You then get interesting thoughts. Oh yeah, not the chicken wings.

Other question subjects - eggplant (This is my favorite. I saw the picture in an encyclopaedia in my undergrad. But my kids saw this recently as produce from their friend's garden. That was easy to frame as what vegetable is white, which is from your friend's garden.)

Customised crossword for your kids. I tried to make an owl sound and asked for the animal. It turned out to be a wolf's sound for my little ones. I then thought of fowl and asked them to scramble the letters such that it rhymes with owl, so they will learn of the fowl.

If you removed Al from a continent, which city will he find himself in?
A: ailartsuA (spelled backwards)

Then we moved on to a similar sounding Ostrich.


No comments: