Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sugarcane

Isnt it fun to pull your chair and find some gift. A zip lock bag full of neatly cut foot long sugarcane stalks. My colleague told me that he had it growing in his backyard. I showed interest in them and told him about the memories of a sugar factory in the town I grew up. When carts full of sugarcane doled in from surrounding villages to the mill, there would be some people whizzing by their bicycles, but not before pulling out  a sugarcane or two from the load.
Sugarcane juice with its lime and ice has always been a refreshing drink of childhood. Rasna with its adorable size and color did give it a run. The allure of natural drinks prevails.
Bhogi pallu
This tambulam, a paper leaf has tiny packets of haldi and kumkum,betel nut glued to it. I am very proud to know that my neighbour made it herself.

1 comment:

sriharini said...

Wow.......am so proud that my diy thamboolam picture was posted in your blog and a big thankyou prasanna