Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Richard Scarry's Busiest People Ever



I didnt know that today would be the day my daughter learns about her parents professions. In the story, cat grocer calls the police station, that a thief made it good with something from the store. On the next page are a horde of people going about their work with their tools of trade. A man shown managing a briefcase with wads of money is labeled as a lawyer. I pointed to my child that her papa is a lawyer too. With that down, I told her that I am engineer. Next she was supposed to tell her papa that she knows that he is a lawyer. After some prodding and ear-whispering we got it out. Then her papa asked her about mom. Without hesitation she said, 'Mama is a fire fighter". Recently, they had a fire engine come to their school for demonstration.
From the time I remember, I remember my mom as a teacher. The life in the village revolved around mom being a teacher, and all he people who took care of us were her students. it took me a while to realise what my dad. His company and their perks of an exclusive ride in the company van, when I missed the bus were enough of a status. I later learnt that he is a field assistant in a crop research institute an he cross-pollinated chickpeas. 

No comments: