Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Duckweed Lake walk

Last night, was so beautiful. The nice breeze. while I lay on the grass,tiltillating. If its about to rain, the first thing that comes to my mind, apart from the feeling that its going to be so beautiful, the wet drizzle on the road is if my wallet is secure from the rain, if all the things I am carrying need to be protected from rain. Once I realised, I had a plastic cover which could be used as a shield for all the things I had on me, I just moved on, not worrying if the rain's going to hamper anything. Getting ready for the rain. I was all prepared.
I was next to the lake. The clouds were in the form of a  horseshoe. although there was a drop or two on me to indicate that its going to rain, I was pretty sure it wouldnt. As it seemed like they were no clouds above me. Also I was thinking, that may be I should have been slightly  away, clear from the clouds. I would have to be on the lake. As I kept walking, I could feel the clouds moving along with me, I thought probably I should stop and see the clouds move. This went on for a while. It got darker. I kept on going. I came towards a bridge. At this point, I saw the water in two colors, one deeper than the other. Arouns sunset, this has happened before. But I was taken aback to see it so in the dark. When I looked onto the eastern side, it was so scary, I did not have the nerve to make myself look at the whole picture. The whole lake on one side was filled with this green sheet. I could not brace myself to look at the whole thing. I have not seen something so scary. I kept walking away, following the strip of green moving towards the west. I was half expecting a monster to come out of the green, any moment.
I went towards the steps, to see what was it that got washed onto the bank and stuck to it. I could not do it. I just moved on, found a dark spot on grass.lied down and while turning, I realised the huge golden globe with its halo.So caught in the distasteful way the lake was claimed, I didnt realise, all the while, the beauty behind me.
I lay there for long.

8/18/2005

No comments: