Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Poets say few words

 


Poets say two lines and make the world go round.. It reminds me of the Tauba Tauba Kailash Kher song where the love pining , spans across many couples, but never in the right direction.. I was looking for inspiration to write a love poem. Started with this Natalie Diaz book and came across the 

"We admitted that we were human beings
and melted for love in this desert" - Mahmoud Darwish

I came across these other poems by Mahmoud Darwish. I finally found my way to the love in the desert poem but stopped in my tracks by these two lines.

"But now I am not I,
                                                       nor is my house now my house." - Frederico Garcia Lorca I wanted to read literature of other languages. Following the google map, I am seeing a new kind of poetry of place. I come across poems in all kinds of science books and history books. Deep Song or Cante Jondo has origins in Indian music system.   

The row of palms shows the fugue lines of photography composition, that at once are long but take you closer to your destiny    

Our gods are stone
Fire started with stones
Our buildings are stone
Our millstone
our spices in the hearth
use stone
For the slipping sand
stone is the stable friend
of our life
















No comments: