Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Storytelling to influence


Stories That Stick: How Storytelling Can Captivate Customers, Influence Audiences, and Transform Your Business by Kindra Hall

Yesterday, when is aw that my daughter was not happy wiht a well done drawing. I told her the Picasso's It took me a lifetime story. Its actually 40 years. But you get it, she got it that it meant the daily practice. We had to peel some onions for that.

Then I was reminded of King Bruce and the spider. After telling the story or bare bones of it, I realised how much I missed out. The context of the war for independence. Bruce thought that the spider's struggles were similar to his. They were similar int hat they needed perseverance in surviving. While the degree of ti was that, spider's was that of daily survival and basic needs of food and Bruce being King, his predicament was of much larger scale. How did the spider influence Bruce?

Yesterday while looking for a fitness app, I came across how Nike has made their training center free forever.  ntc compared to other programs gives you some more idea of the program. While I had alreadt joine dthe program, I saw the how to use nike training club app and realised how I couldnt give someone a better peek than this at joining the program. With these information for an interested person, I was able to reduce the friction of joining a path. Look at the funnel there. The first news is about the general audience. The second one about someone who is comapring different programs. And with the last one, if you drill down, its now to the nitty gritty of what exaclty is the path going to be.

Sometimes working with a person, might increase trust. And then your natural instinct of distrust too might kick in. When you hear the same advise from an institution or an organization, then you might validate the points independently.

While practising a speech, I was going through different drafts, I was using Kindra Hall's book Stories that Stick. I love listening to Kindra talk and her energy. Through that process and analysing experiences, I am able to see the difference between how detailed you have to go, to influence someone. When you are telling someone to do something, focus on your CTA or the call to action of the level it is at - is it the general, exercise is good for health, or here is a tool, here is how to use the tool, or I did this program and I am feeling certain way. Would you like to test drive that feeling?


No comments: