Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, January 13, 2020

The Memory of Food

I made Aloo Kofta biryani after looking for a special dish to make with potatoes. I passed Aloo Palak biryani, even though I had palak too. There was this potatoes that were fried. Also tomatoes added to palak. A while ago thre was thing to not mix palak with tomatoes. I could ahve skipped the tomatoes.
Even the aloo kofta biryani called for adding blended onions which I didnt to reduce the number of tasks. Eventhough the recipe calls its biryani, it is not elaborate like the draining the boiled rice.
The first step of cooking rice with salt and other spices took me back to almost 30 years where once our granddfather picke dus up from hostel. he cant stand buses because of the fuel smell and would always take us home by train. Durig those train rides, he would have us eat slightly salted rice. I was stunned to be taken that far ago into my life by the neural pathways.
After cooking the Aloo Kofta biryani with a friend, she introduced me to Persian Tahdig.


No comments: