Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Citric acid

When you are in the kitchen, you look at the ingredients and wonder, if even in different forms, the outcomes are similar. Having warmed up some milk to prepare curd, there was some leftover. This is the best time of creativity display. Choices I had was to break the milk with lemon juice or make some fudge. When I saw citric acid being used to make some dessert, I recalled a gulb jamun dough packet and found that it had citric acid as an ingredient. That is a sign right that it wants to go into the cooking pan. I mixed that flour which would normally be mixed with water, shaped into round balls and deep fried to be later laden in sugar syrup, into the condensed milk. I struggled a bit to remove the lumps. In the end, it was a consistent sugar soup which reminded my husband  of condensed milk, one of his favorites. Doesnt it feel cool to cook up something with something else?
square peg round hole situation of astronauts

No comments: