Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, September 29, 2019

If our eyesight was very good



Why We Talk: The Evolutionary Origins of Language (Oxford Studies in the Evolution of Language)


If our eyesight was very good, would we talk?  My child responded to a question with a nod, so the expectation would have been that I was watching her, but I wasnt within the earshot.  I just did that. Nodded for an aswer. My defense, I was eating. Do we use gestures only when we cannot speak?

Listening with your eyes. How hearing loss could affect your eyesight?

" Leroi-Gourhan looks at prehistoric technology in relation to the development of cognitive and linguistic faculties, expanding on the cultural ramifications of erect posture, a short face, a free hand during locomotion, and possession of movable implements." 

Oh yeah, it would make a difference if our hands were free or not to gesture. Italian gesture for seriously?




No comments: