Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Warming Drawer



Yesterday, I thought of walking to the grocery store and buying a cake. Instead in the last minute, I thought why not make the fudge? While chosing the pan for it, my not so deft hands moved two pizza sheets under the 'warming drawer' that is under the oven.

Now thats not even the fun fact. even more fun fact is -
I thought that for eternity the pizza platters will langush in the oven basement for years to come. Just like two pretty bookmarks that have been stuck in the office cube paraphernalia for more than a decade. Wonder when their day will come.

At first, I tried to engineer my hand into the cave to get it out. I remember it working another time. At one point, a thought ran through my head, that my hand might get stuck there. On a lark I tried to pull it out. And there it was, I got a peek of the florr there too after retrieving the pizza sheets.

If you didnt know, the Warming Drawer, thinks and moves out of the box.

For a person whose writing is more visual than any other sense, the smell of the brownie moved me across rooms.


No comments: