Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Friday, January 3, 2014

Thomas Engine

Wondered what a Climax engine is while reading about Verde Canyon Rail Road. There is an open car for better viewing.
From Clickety Clack Whats that coming down the track, I learnt of the different kinds of train cars - box car, flat car.


While setting it up, I just went by colours and at one point I couldnt get the tracks to fit and then I realised that I interchanged the position of green tracks. After that the setup was easy. Thomas is a powerful engine. He doesnt even need tracks, he will jut wheel off even on the carpet. The cargo falls off sometimes while going downslope after crossing the bridge. Thomas asks once in a while where would we like him to go. The volume should have been tunable.
This toy will charm kids for some years. My toddler likes seeing Thomas go on track but I have seen the pride of a 4 year old when his father asked him to setup the whole system. Till your kids get onto a real train and beyond, Thomas will fascinate them with his googly eyes.

No comments: