Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, November 11, 2021

How do you constantly keep your weight in check?

 I check my weight every morning. This is not recommended for most people. Few reasons - weight changes a lot in a day, if weight is not moving in the direction, you might be discouraged by your path and throw away your best laid plans. Weekly frequency is recommended.

This is fed into Healthmate app through the Withings weighing scale, which I am able to review whenever I need a positive surge that I am in the right direction. It also records Body Fat percentage. If you dont have a body fat monitor, then you can measure yourself monthly or so and note the sizes.

Diet and Exercise are something that I am always watching. There is always some improvement you can make in terms of nutrition - for example increasing protein. Eat your protein first from the calories. Every once in a while note down the calories in an app like Food Diary.

For exercise, its mainly strength training now, but depending on your age and doctors approval, go for a variety, so you have fun and stick with it. Keep trying some challenging exercises too, so you can check your progress and feel motivated.

Growing up as an obese child, I dont take any of the weight maintenance, nutrition or exercise for granted. Keep logging your experiences and feelings through these various lenses, so you have a reference to go back to as to what works for you. Usually I write down after an exercise about the experience. If I am inspired by someone’s health journey, I note it down and make essays out of the experiences of what worked for me and might be useful for others.

No comments: