Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, February 3, 2018

My Hometown


The cover page is split into past of the city on the left in black and white and the current on the right in colour. In my first reading I would have sided with some of the reviews requiring words in the book. The Scrap Metal Drive page speaks to me. A while ago I saw the pictures about Chandler history with kids participating in scrap metal drive. A few weeks ago I saw the same picture blown up at a recreation center framing the past of the city. The past is shown in black and white.
On my second read of the book, along with my 3yr old, we had interesting things on few pages that we stopped at and talked about - town hall, library, parade, July 4 fireworks. Before we started, I told her that the left side is about when the town was baby. In the next pages, the newspaper reads..'A town is born'
The pictures show how transportation (horse drawn carriages and low duty cars) and dressing were 150 years ago. How you can let your voice be heard at the City Town Hall. That is enough of history common to any city.
The color pictures have the 3D feel of clear candy.

No comments: