Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pitch Perfect



Bill Mcgowan
This book has a gazillion of techniques of how to get your message across in different settings. Scorcese principle, pasta-sauce reduction are good mnemonics for some of the ways.
" He is also a trusted advisor in the C-suites of tech companies like, Facebook, Spotify, AirBnB, Dropbox and Salesforce.com."
The above line was the line that lured me into the book. These are the hot companies of the day and public has interest in knowing about all they can about them.
With these names on the blurb, I was expecting specific techniques applied to the said companies. It must be a trade secret that the author does not want to divulge. Thats one disappointment with the book. Another is, with the sea of lessons, the book has too much general stuff that could have garnered weight with specific examples. I have just read  Scaling Up Excellence with a lifetime load of lessons, so my expectation is way too high.

PS: My neighbour saw me reading this book and said that its made into a movie. she thought I was reading Pitch Perfect.

No comments: