Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

That one word

Bibesy is one word, if I had to choose from 20 obsolete english words that should make a comeback. It brings mind to pipasa. An Indian word very close in meaning to it. Dictionary is a cousin of encyclopaedia.

I too was plunged into a Hindi class after I switched schools 2 months after the school year. Until then I was learning two letter words - memorizing them - na la = nal (tap). And then I am in a class where the whole book is full of Hindi words.

One of the poems in Hindi, was about naveenatha (novelty) - like the newness of the life in spring. The trees outside were all grey barks, thin and thick. When noises of that of a rat jumping woke me up, I didnt realise the call of the rain. The leaves new and green heard it, earlier than me.

In high school, we cried to remember the dates of lives of writers and now we search all about them.

How does a teacher feel introducing metaphors to a class. I was all ears for my first idiom (the car) broke down in Bushman lesson.

paryay vachan. Synonyms.

Make your own sentences.

Word from the dictionary: Mafra. into a tweet story

The bat wings firm on the ground - push up stance. Wake up said the librarian. You have work to do. Insects to chew. At the Mafra library.

Start thinking about court as a place to pay, you forget that it is also where judges go.

Why frogs need Magainin.

Write a Magalogue

Magatama, half of the whole. Yin or yang. Looks like a cashew. Regalia of Japan. The other two - sword and mirror. Mirror stood for wisdom. Narcissus should have become Solomon. Mirror test.

Adarsa - mirror - perfect in likeness of reflection. Ideal. Idol. To want to be like them.








No comments: