Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Friday, March 1, 2013

Best American poetry 2012

Long poem.
While reading 'wax' by Paisley Rekdal , I was curious about how such long poems are written. inspiration and time - 8 months went into that poem. To pull off a poem with such simple title.

The Gods - A theater experience

As a new mom
I went with my infant
to a reading by Michael Ondaatje


My daughter dropped a toy giraffee
A fellow reader pointed it to me


While I was waiting
the assistant offered to stow
away the stroller
"Theres no room inside"

While the gallery was filling up
I excused ourselves when
she started crying
"Theres a directors room"
No one will hear her cry.
You can still attend the reading

In the Directors room.
Dark and lonely.
Quiet.
I couldnt get the volume up.
Does the director only see?

We reached home one sock less


No comments: