Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

National Geo six to summit

Six to summit is about Everest summit by Americans in 1960s. I saw the movie Everest 82 about Canadians summit.

In this magazine, there is an ad about a watch that does updates date on the watch automatically. My sister asked me how is it done? I told her like a digital engineer, when the clock reaches 12 condition is true then the date is changed. But the actual how is here. While reading about this, I am taken back to the days when my parents would say the thorn (hand) is wrong and go about winding it to right. And now I learn that the watches used to rely on the motion of the wearer for heir function and if it hasnt been on the person for too long or the person hasnt moved then the watch does not show correct time. Loosely, we can say that a watch then was like a pedometer, that would not tell you how many but enough steps have been taken. From wiki, I learn the big deal about Seiko and a way to fashion a compass with a watch and a shadow.

Knorr soup that we know in India, is a German Company.





No comments: