Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bargaining with faith?




On Twitter, this book has been so talked about. I wanted to know what the deal was. Given, the prose is ground inside the book itself not referring to things outside. The book has chapters from the narrator Charles point of view and some by an omniscient. Charles character is passive like the narrator in Wuthering Heights. The search is for Sophie and the incidents are about her relationships. the narrator's relationship with her is another layer over her life. Disappointed in love but defined by Sophie.I wonder how the book have worked from Sophie's point of view.
I thought I will give the book 50 pages before finding no hook. I had the mystery of its fame. I liked to read about the intensity of the characters. It is in a way scary to find Sophie given to a faith in a non-negotiable way.
The issues in this movie reminded me of Minsara Kanavu movie.

No comments: