Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Life of a Deli

My Korean Deli

I remember this book from a review either from NPR or NYTimes. In the beginning while the search is on for a deli, I had doubts if I would finish the book.But once he donned the 'deli owner' role, I was hooked to the book.

It must have been from where he starts to include his WASP history. Another moment was when a peek ino the refrigerator of the otherwise incommercible prospective store changed his mind.

The chapters traverse his dual lives of an editor at Paris Review and a deli owner maintaining a continuity. What it takes to keep a tobacco license, what happens to a deli in the times of power cut? These are the things we learn of and all the mayhem that surrounds these situations.

No comments: