Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, May 30, 2011

Travel

Patagonia lake has a wooden bridge over it. The postcard with such a picture has 'Patagonia lake state park' on the upper right hand side is how I learn of state parks other than national parks. That postcards have postcard stamps different from the normal stamps, this I learn at Chiricahua Mountains national monument visitor center. How we ended up there is a result of natural conditions. We were going to go to Coronado national forest but that had a fire alert of type II. I just translated it to an avoid. Later I learn that it does not mean that the park is closed but just that cigs and fires are not allowed. I magie my surprise when driving into the Chiricahua, I find the coronado entrance on the right. Close neighbors. While driving towards the Chiricahua, when we saw the mountains in Coronado forest, lost in the fog, I was disappointed to not be there. Few hours later, I realise that from the direction of the fog, abundant smoke is flowing with the wind. A day later news confirm the fire.

Driving into Bisbee is driving into a mountainous area of red and a llayered pit called Lavender Pit. A tunnel counts as surprise.

At the hotel we saw an elder lady dressed in a traditional saree and pperforming her evening puja.

At Chiricahua, we learn of
CCC Loop road in honor of - Civilian Conservation Corps and Cochise of the Cochise County was a person.

Counties have state fair grounds.

Trees line San pedro river.

I a missing Going back to Bisbee book. The book where I learnt about the local plants.

No comments: