Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Birds

On today's birdwatch I saw some Ring- necked Duck.
I was quick to point that I ave never seen them before. But my birdwatching book with a tick mark on th Ring Necked duck says otherwise.
The book also says that coots make 9 nests before moving into one. they must get their building permits very easily.

Saw some burrowing owls too. A housing project for the burrowing owls.
On a dry patch of land there were many killdeer.
They all started flying away and some issued calls. It was in reaction to appearance of a Northern Harrier.
In no time, a killdeer was back to tapping the ground to whip out bugs.
Next to the park was a field and I couldnt help wondering of the different birds in the field. I was told that they would be different from the natural habitat birds. I repeated that abert Towhee's can only be found in the Sonoran Desert, thats when I was told that Mojave DesertChihuahuan Desert were all different because of their different rainfalls and temperatures. And that Antarctica is a desert.




No comments: