Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Planning games for a birthday party



2 Pack – Origami Paper Kit Sea & North Pole Animals, 30 Pieces of Origami Paper, Create 12 Different Animals, Instruction Book Included for Teenager, Adult and Intermediate and Advanced – Origami Kit


9/8

When my friends say they are having a birthday party for kids. the next question I ask is if they have games for kids. I was at a birthday party where there were games - transferring M&M from one bowl to another using a straw. Sharks out of water is a similar game. While drawing the shark, I thought why not raw all the animals in the sea. I  came across a book
While spending some time with neighbor kids, I realised that their timepass is telling jokes. I realised I didnt know any that they would like. Especially when their joke was typified by a ' I was just joking' at the end.
Animal jokes from Scott Allen and a way to use card stock teamed to form a joke book where one of the folds had a joke from the book. The top fold can hold your name and the rest of the folds are free for more jokes from the kid or others and decorations or pictures of the joked animals and persons.
Face painting seems like fun for everyone. I took some paint pencils. Kids wanted helicopter, aeroplane, spiderman (copied this from a color book), spider, flower, butterfly, jaguar (I didnt). Soe grown up kids didnt want anything until I interested them in pirate painting and the jokes. One of them shared one she knew

Why can a fish weigh itself?
It has its own scales
I also was interested in origami. I tried a crane but failed at step 11 of step 19 when it didnt get symmetrical wings.  I moved to simpler cat, dog, fox, chick.
Pin the donkey's tail seems to be a classic. And then there were patch the pirate's eye and pin the shiny nose on the clown. When I came across Fukuwarai, I made a pig missing eyes and nose.

how to make pyramid pop up

No comments: