Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Stilty




You Are Special (Max Lucado's Wemmicks)


I come across so many unheard of children stories like The Phantom Toll Booth, that I stash away as a list to read them some time as my daughter grows. Today I cam across a book with wooden characters called 'Wemmicks' which is the kind of name that catches your attention, that you try to remember for later reference and forget. I was introduced to the concept of stars where kids place the stickers on the things they like in a TV commercial. And taking that a little further is to put 'dots' for the things you dont like. Then I started looking at other books. Its not like other children books where its ok even if you dont know what happened next. The tension between the stars and dots, between the donts and dos, haves and have nots builds up. This one has the allure and the mystery of a story with a message that most kids need growing up.

No comments: