Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, October 18, 2012




The world will have its full harvest of poems - Jane Hirshfield.
Oryoki - Zen and Jane
Zen is not about belief. It’s more about what happens when belief is unfastened - Jane Hirshfield
Jean Valentine and silence. She quotes Emily Dickinson's The difference between despair
While Li young lee with his attachment to silence quotes EDs they worship an eclipse.
Burning bush

A writing as well as thought exercise - Filling in the gaps in myths.
If you have thought a flower could have more metaphors, try this an up-ended skirt.

In Alicia Ostriker's essay 'god the Mother' the last lines are a saying in Talmud: "It is not incumbent on you to finish the task. neither are you free to give it up". I am reminded of quote on karma from bhagavad gita.

With poetry, I feel I am in love. With prose, I feel I am in a marriage - Dunya Mikhail
So I discover poetry is am amoeba

When I wrote the blessing, I began, as any memoirist must, to move from anecdote to an unfolding narrative in time. - Gregory Orr in 'The Given' essay.



No comments: