Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Paper collection

In a hostel
we kids collected
unused papers
towards the
final exams
from each
notebook

To bind
them
for next year's
rough book

I hadnt figured
where I would
get them bound

I started my
stack
All was fair
barter
snacks for papers

My rivals
complained
to the sister

In front of
all the kids
she asked me
how I got my
papers

I hadnt done
anything wrong

I got hit
and I peed

When the stack becomes big
the book gets unweildy

************************
Ted Kooser in The poetry Home Repair Manual suggests that for each poem we shuld hav atleast one imaginary reader. For this one, I dont know who th reader is, but I know who the reader is not - a person with no hostel experience.
And I raised my hand in return

No comments: