Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Monday, March 21, 2011

Occupation

Yestderday while talking about doctors, I recalled a word called compounder. Now I cannot recall or simply dont know how a nurse is different from a compounder. By word, a Compounder would have to mix some medicines.
From a binding word like this we move onto its another meaning of a keep-out. Compound wall.

Like Robert Frost wonders in
Mending wall,
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out


But compund itself, while adding some things into the mix, its leaving out all the other things. Cliques

While at it, I was thinking of another occupation word, Peon.
They might have been done away with in the digital world.


From A widows story by Joyce Carol Oates, I expected something like the reflection in Mark Doty's Heavens coast.

Have you come across a book where you like all the writing and stop reading it cause you have made up your mind that you are going to have the book with you as long as the material world will allow and thus stall the reading. Is this what happens in relations too?

In some way, reading is not just about the moment of what has been published but about all the moments that happen to and make the writer. Mark Doty's blog lets me do just that. And soon I will get to the book too.

No comments: