Pages

Net Galley Challenge

Challenge Participant

Friday, March 25, 2011

In a sea of things

Reading todays quota of poetry, Without discussion by Samuel Amadon, I wished there was a bio of the author. Contrast this to the days in high school when we had to memorise the bio of Hindi poets. We didnt mind the poems as our teacher made the poems stand out with their interpretation and rhyme helped too. But the bios, the details that took the biggest hit was their life time. With so many students remembering the wrong years, the poet might as well be satisfied with the long eternal life he/she wishes.

I see the cover jacket of Like a Sea and recognise it instantly. When I go through the poems, they dont ring a bell. This reminds me of shopworn cliche, that I came across in a children book review. Suddenly newspapers are bringing up new words like a slate. Charnel for the Japan's state.
Going back to the unrecognised poems, I read a few of them.Things stand out in his poems. With an idea and its opposite, he binds a whole realm into his poems.
I will keep rereading the poems and know them more.

No comments: